Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Alma girl



Of course the most exciting news from this week was Alma's 5th Birthday! We had a lovely little princess party for her and 5 little friends.

We painted our fingernails and got dressed in princess dresses and had a lovely princess cake. I am so proud of this cake - I did it all by my self, and it actually turned out pretty adorable.

My little girl is growing up so fast. She still loves the cuddles, the bed time stories and the stuffies to sleep with but, she is growing and learning faster than I could have imagined. We got her report card this week. A report card for kindergarden. Wow. She is doing so well in school. This week was also the primary presentation in our branch. She was so cute. The littlest one up there. and she said her lines so well..."the Doctrine and Covenants teaches me how to live the Gosple", and "I can help my family by taking care of my little sister". It brought tears to my eyes.
I have found that she has a remarkable memory. She can recite whole poems that she learns at school to me when she gets home. I usually only have to tell her something once and she gets it. However, If it's something that I want her to do for me...well that's another thing all together.

Being busy makes me happy. No, really. I think I can accomplish a lot more when I'm under pressure - As long as I know that there will be a break at some point, I thrive on busy-ness. I know that in two weeks, I will be ready for Christmas, the cards will be sent, gifts given to teachers, all the parties will be done and I will be able to sit and watch Christmas movies and read books all day long. As long as I can make it through the next two weeks!

Of course part of the busy was going to see Twilight. Yes, I am a fan. My name is Becky, and I am addicted to Twilight. I know that it is geared to teenage girls, but I was one once, so that makes it alright. Not only did I buy and read all the books and go to the movie on the first night, but I forced all my friends to read it too. And sometimes I told random strangers in the stores to read the books. I figure I'm just a romantic at heart, and I can't resist a good vampire love story. I just hope that the next movie will have a larger budget, so the cinematography will be a little better. I did love looking at the beautiful scenery. It made me miss home a little.

Well, now I'm on to other fun adventures. I am planning a little skit for our Relief Society and need to come up with the 12 days of Christmas relating to the Relief Society. My best thinking spot for this kind of thing is on the floor in the girl's bedroom. Unfortunately, right now it is occupied with a plethora of Barbies and Polly Pockets, so I guess I'll have to wait my turn.

2 comments:

House of Stiles said...

Happy 5th Birthday Alma.... Wow, your a big girl now. 5 is where it's at, I hear it's the new 16!

Emily said...

Don't you love all the fun sayings, comments, poems and stories little ones bring home from kindergarten. Crack me up!